Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am a Reader


I am a Reader.
I am a devourer of books.

I was the kid who had to be told to put the book down and go outside to play.

All this time that I've been AWOL from the blog?
Big-time book binge.

I get completely OCD if the book is remotely good, and I have to finish it now.



Admittedly, it doesn't take much for me to go on a book bender, but this time it was triggered by some crazy work projects. I had two projects, nearly back-to-back, that had quick, intense deadlines, and that required lots of overtime and even some of my weekend time. Other people exercise, or connect with friends when they're stressed. My default relaxation method when life gets crazy like that? Books. I go into my own shell, and live vicariously through someone much more adventurous than the real me. And the more escapism elements, the better.

So, as I'm emerging slowly from the bender, I thought I'd share some of my recent discoveries. I've run across some great books, and some not-so-great. Thanks to last fall's Twilight obsession (I know, I know, it's even good, but the series is completely cracktastic. Until the fourth book...), I've been hitting the SciFi/Urban Fantasy genre pretty hard, majoring in vampires and werewolves, with a minor in 'things that go bump in the night', and continued emphasis on chicks that kick ass.

Before we jump into the books, let's set the scene. Here are a couple of name generators to get you in the mood:
Vampire Name Generator
Goth Name Generator
Morbid Name Generator

Feel free to call me Ella West, Curse of the Steely Moon; or Warped Perception (or is that Ms. Perception?); or Lilith Spiderdust - take your pick.

No comments: